As the world gets closer towards a more sustainable future, businesses everywhere are incorporating electric vehicles into their fleets. Not only is the BC government beginning to offer numerous incentives and rebates for owning an electric vehicle, but enterprises more and more are seeing the value in having EV charging areas for their employees. Whether you want to keep your commercial EVs charged up or simply want to give your employees the convenience of charging their own EVs while at work, there are many advantages to having an electric vehicle charger at your business.
Where to Start
The first thing to note is that not all charging solutions are created the same, and it’s important to understand what key features to be aware of before making a purchase. Whether you choose AC or DC (fast charging) stations, it will be a reflection of your brand, so it’s a good idea to pick something that’s reliable, accessible, and intelligent. Here are the main requirements for your charging equipment:
- Reliability - the stations should have a decent life span and be flexible to the market needs.
- Safety - the charging equipment should comply with the international quality & safety requirements. A charger also needs to be able to withstand all kinds of weather. It should be able to take a hit and keep on charging safely.
- Software - the stations should be smart, with an online connection and remote maintenance, management & control options.
Benefits of Having EV Chargers
There are many ways EV charging can enhance your business:
- Reach your sustainability goals. Sustainability is top-of-mind for consumers, with many going out of their way to choose the most environmentally friendly option. Enhance your reputation, capture this demographic, and achieve your sustainability targets by offering this green amenity.
- Get ahead of your competition. Soon, every business with parking will need to install EV chargers to stay relevant and meet the needs of their customers. Gain a competitive edge and future-proof your business by offering this essential amenity today.
- Attract customers who stay longer and spend more. There's no shortage of EV drivers looking for a convenient place to charge. By offering charging on-site, you can attract customers by making your location visible on public charging maps. What's more, you can also encourage these customers to stay longer and spend more on products and services while they wait.
- Generate consistent revenue. Earn hassle-free and consistent revenue by setting charging fees for your EV-driving customers and visitors.
- Keep your employees happy. Demonstrate your commitment to your employees by offering them the convenience of charging at work. By meeting their needs, you can boost employee satisfaction, productivity, and retention.
Zeemac and Chargepoint
When it comes to EV charging solutions, it’s important to work with a company your can trust. For this reason, Zeemac partners with Chargepoint. From concept to scale, ChargePoint’s global fleet solution portfolio includes everything fleets need to electrify and optimize fueling as they grow. Fleet management software combined with ChargePoint’s AC and DC fast charging solutions balance charging costs with operational readiness for light- to heavy-duty vehicles across depot, on-route and even at-home charging.
Have more questions about electric vehicles, charging stations, or Chargepoint? Don’t hesitate to contact us at Zeemac for more information!